We understand that many of our patients and the community will have questions and concerns about coming back to our office to seek treatment.
In addition to our usual robust standards in infection control, we have implemented the following steps in response to these unprecedented circumstances:
- Multiple layers of COVID-19 screening, both over the phone and at the offices
- Improved social distancing protocols for the offices; this includes the removal of magazines, toys, and the installation of barriers in the waiting room.
- Increased use of PPE, K95/N95s, face shields, and gowns
- Continuously working to improve the suction systems to better capture aerosols right at the source
- Pre-procedural rinse: When used in combination with other safety measures recommended by the CDC, ADA, and OSHA, a pre-procedural rinse is a great way to lower the risk of COVID-19 for patients and staff.
- Placing HEPA filtration units in each room
- Even more rigorous infection control protocol, which includes regular disinfecting of the entire office, spraying down every possible surface, from the floor to the ceiling, at regular intervals
- Utilizing Telehealth, or Virtual Consults when possible, for your safety and convenience
Holland Family Dentistry has elected to take a multi-layered approach to do our part to keep everyone in our community safe. We don’t simply want to meet the minimum safety standards set for by others.
We feel it is important that we raise the bar for infection control during this pandemic and beyond. You can be confident that we are doing the right thing to protect you and your family, and we look forward to seeing you again.
–Air Doctor HEPA filters: HEPA is an acronym for High Efficiency Particulate Air. These filters are designed to capture particles that is 0.3 Microns. UltraHEPA™ captures particle down to 0.003 Microns. That is 100 times smaller than regular HEPA. https://www.airdoctorpro.com
–Eco One Electrolyzed Water: HOCl is one disinfectant that, when combined with adequate personal protective equipment, screening and social-distancing techniques, hand washing, and high-volume evacuation suction, may help reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in the outpatient setting. It comprises many of the desired effects of the ideal disinfectant: It is easy to use, has a good safety profile, and can be used to disinfect large areas quickly and with a broad range of bactericidal and virucidal effects. https://www.ecoloxtech.com/research-microbe-display?type=Virusesµbe=COVID“